Thousands of people are injured or killed each year due to complications from medical malpractice. Medical malpractice is the result of negligence or mistakes made by a medical practitioner including both medical doctors, psychologists and therapists. While medical treatment is not an exact science, people should be able to expect a certain degree of skill, professionalism, and standards used in the care of patients.
The law protects patients from malpractice. If you have been hurt or suffered physical or mental injury as the result of medical malpractice, you may be compensated. There are many types of medical malpractice including these areas:
- Improper administration of medications or incorrect medications
- Operations on the incorrect part of the body
- Prescribing drugs to patients who are allergic to them
- Performing medical procedures without a proper license
- Failure to diagnose medical conditions, injuries, cancer, or tumors
- Wrongful death
- Leaving a medical implement in the patient
- Excessive radiation exposure
- Dropping a patient during transport
- Severed nerve during surgery
- Improper baby delivery
- Inappropriate therapist contact with patients
Medical malpractice is serious and can lead to permanent physical or emotional injury or even death. Your attorney will prove that the medical practitioner was liable for your damages and that they were negligent in their actions leading to injury.
Medical malpractice may pertain to:
- Medical assistants
If you or a loved one has been harmed by the negligence of a medical practitioner you should seek help from an attorney immediately. Your attorney will help review the case and determine if you should move forward. Many times the case will be settled before going to court. However, if the case does go to court, your attorney will be ready to handle the case and get you the money you deserve for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and mental anguish.