F Visas Family-Sponsored

F Visas   Family-Sponsored

F Visas are considered family-sponsored visas that are designed for those who wish to enter the U.S. as part of a family unit. There are different types of F visas including the F1, F2A, F2B, F3 and F4.

F 1Visa

The F1 Visa is for the student who wants to pursue academics in a full-time capacity. The student will need to study at a college, university, private academy, private high school, language training program, or other academic institution. The F1 Visa allows students to work up to 20 hours per week on campus. Those students with financial hardship may be allowed to work off-campus. The F1Visa is best for foreign nationals who are qualified to attend courses full-time at a qualified U.S. school.

To qualify for an F1 Visa the applicant must first have been accepted to the U.S. academic institution. The applicant must also demonstrate that he or she is financially able to pay for all costs associated with their education and must speak fluent English.

F 2A and F 2B Visas

The F2 Visa is designed for dependent spouses and children for F1 Visa holders. The F2 Visa allows children under 21 years of age and spouses of those with F1 Visas the same benefits as the F1 Visa.

F 3 Visa

The F 3 Visa is a visa designed for use by married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, along with their spouses and children.

F 4 Visa

The F 4 Visa is for brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens and their spouses and children. The U.S. citizen must be at least 21 years of age.